the scoop

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit." ~Aristotle

Saturday, August 31, 2013

Ultimate Reset: Day 4

Random thoughts on the Reset:

  • If you don't like cucumbers, you would not do well on this particular regimen (although you can certainly swap out meals, a LARGE portion of the recipes contain cucumbers).
  • I've seen 150 on the scale this week. I don't weigh myself every day, but that was exciting!
  • I do NOT feel hungry "You mean it's time to eat AGAIN?!" is a thought I've had. Truth. (This could be because I've been preparing all the meals which require a lot of peeling, chopping and washing.)
  • I do not feel deprived ... much. We eat a pretty healthy diet at home - we all love fruit and vegetables and I have never bothered with meat at every dinner. We haven't been to a restaurant since we started, naturally, but we also haven't been to a potluck or family meal to be tempted by Gramma's Famous Whatnot. What happens when Ian goes back to school and smells the delicious (no, really!) cafeteria food? What happens when I'm home alone all day with Nut-Thins
  • I don't have cravings unless I'm watching Cake Boss with the family ... which is funny because I don't like cake. But it does make me want a giant chocolate chip cookie from our local bakery.
  • We have mostly healthy foods in the house, so avoiding bad-for-us items has not been difficult. For me the issue is crunch and carbs ... a bag of crackers and a bowl of pasta. But I do like quinoa and brown rice ... they'll have to do for now!
  • I. Love. Lentils. (still).
  • I need to remember to READ AHEAD... some things can be prepped in advance ... or NEED to be prepped in advance. Doh!

No comments:

Post a Comment